Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fall Color

Well, we're up to two miles right now.

Don't worry, I'm not going to post a daily update with each mile added for the next few weeks. That would not make for interesting reading.

I am loving the fall color right now though. The East Bay Hills are shades of greyish green for the most part, but splashes of color treat those who pay attention to little moments of brightness.

I love this berry plant because it had lost most of its leaves (with the exception of the leaves seen in this picture, to be sure)--the primary adornment of the branches were explosions of red berry clusters.

The leaves looked much yellower in person-- you'll just have to trust me on this one.

I realize many people do not find this plant attractive because of its rather terrible (yet earned) reputation. Yet if a confession were dragged out of me, poison oak is my favorite plant to LOOK AT during the fall. I would be happy to find a dress in this color--really.




I mean really-- who can deny the beauty of such vivid color against the muted shades of the branches in the background?

Oh fall, you are my friend.


3 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Every additional mile is HUGE! It's an update I'd be thrilled to read about. And about fall: YUP, YUP, & YUP! Love it.

209Mike said...

I don't think I ever realized that poison oak looked like that in the fall/winter. Lesson learned. Keep up the good work. You'll be at 50 miles in no time.

Rick Gaston said...

Love the shot of the berry plant, the Poison Oak however....shudder...I can't divorce the itch from the color. Out in Mt. Tam this past weekend there was a tree shining bright of yellows and light browns amidst the sea of green. Such color! Too bad I didn't have my camera.