Sunday, September 7, 2008

My poo-rific running companion.

Now don't get me wrong. Most of the time, Neko is the best running companion I could possibly ask for. I offer as evidence:

1) She never has "other plans" when I want to go for a run.
2) She has no work commitments to stop her from taking mid-day runs.
3) She never thinks I'm running too fast or too slow.
4) She's always in a good mood.
5) She never drinks any of the post-run beer.
6) She never insists on running shorter or longer distances than I want to do.
7) She never tries to talk to me when I'm sucking air running up a hill.
8) She thinks I'm the greatest running companion every time we hit the trails.

However, not a single one of my other running companions have ever done what she did today. Two miles into a 7 miler, I look over and my brilliant canine has rolled in dog poo. She was so happy as she ran up, too, it was hard to be mad at her... but it has to be one of the most disgusting things EVER!! (I must say, if any of my human running companions ever did this, they'd be off the list with the quickness...)

5 comments:

209Mike said...

I might try that strategy at SttS. The Poo Roll.

Anonymous said...

How precious! Maybe you could clone him.

Jo Lynn said...

My favorite running companion, also a pup, loves rolling in the most disgusting things too. Poop is mild compared to a dead skunk. Trust me, it is.
Blah!

kelly said...

You gotta love dogs!!

P.O.M. said...

Thank goodness none of your other running companions do that.