1) She never has "other plans" when I want to go for a run.
2) She has no work commitments to stop her from taking mid-day runs.
3) She never thinks I'm running too fast or too slow.
4) She's always in a good mood.
5) She never drinks any of the post-run beer.
6) She never insists on running shorter or longer distances than I want to do.
7) She never tries to talk to me when I'm sucking air running up a hill.
8) She thinks I'm the greatest running companion every time we hit the trails.
However, not a single one of my other running companions have ever done what she did today. Two miles into a 7 miler, I look over and my brilliant canine has rolled in dog poo. She was so happy as she ran up, too, it was hard to be mad at her... but it has to be one of the most disgusting things EVER!! (I must say, if any of my human running companions ever did this, they'd be off the list with the quickness...)