Friday, May 16, 2008

Exercising in the Heat...

So there was no running today, and while I must go get my house ready for a dinner party, I was sipping a Friday afternoon beer and reposing a minute before I started chopping. While messing around looking at different running sites and blogs, I came across a link to this article about running in the heat. It's very interesting-- and then I flipped through their archive and found several more articles about heat and exercise. While I wouldn't say that I'm now looking forward to the oven I predict I will be running in on Sunday, it's fascinating to know that the heat-induced slow down is your brain's way of making sure your body does not overheat. At least, that's the truncated version of it all. I'm going to spend some more time reading through later tonight or tomorrow, but I thought I would share it here as well. Definitely worth reading!

No comments: