Saturday, May 24, 2008

Why I (sometimes) Love Richmond

Ok, so according to CityRating.com, Richmond has 4.79 times the national average for homicide. That's not good. It's really not good, and I don't especially like that about Richmond. But you know what Richmond (San Pablo) has? TAMALES that come to your door! I spent $3 for 3 wonderful, delivered-to-my-doorstep tamales today. I lived in North Berkeley for 8 years and no one ever came by selling tamales. (Ok, so I didn't have my ladder stolen out of the backyard, either... but let's not quibble.) You could also buy oranges or strawberries or corn (with cheese, lime and chile- yum!) from the mobile micro-enterprises of Richmond. 

2 comments:

Greg On the Run said...

Found you via the Complete Running Network. Welcome to the Running Blog Family.

I spent the first six years of my life in Richmond. My father is an East Bay guy (Albany) and my grandmother grew up in the Mission District of San Francisco. Reading parts of your blog led me to try to find my old house on Google Maps and my old elementary school. I don't think either of them exist anymore.

I've read a lot about trail running in the East Bay Area and supposedly it's one of the best places to run trails near an urban environment.

I'll be out that way in August to visit my dad and his side of the family and to run the San Francisco Half.

Kevin said...

Thanks for the wine comment and stopping by my blog. I betcha there is plenty of good wine where you live, though I bet you don't partake too much when you are training for those ultras.