Saturday, May 24, 2008

Un-core-dinated!

Oy. This week, I've been re-inspired to "take it to the next level" (and subsequently signed up for the inaugural Skyline-to-the-Sea 50K and the Sequoia 30K... and I'm tossing around the idea of doing Diablo...), which meant that I've been thinking about a) speedwork and b) core strength. 

I used to run on alternate Tuesdays with Tampalpa, but since I'm not working in Marin, I've found myself without a track group- if anyone knows of one that meets either early morning in El Cerrito or north, or later in the afternoon in Oakland, let me know...

After running a short 3 on Thursday, I needed to shower before going back to work, and ended up at the gym. Perfect opportunity! I hate the gym, but it has weights... and my arms need them... badly, apparently. After the briefest session in the gym on Thursday (I do mean BRIEF-- I'm not trying to injure myself!) and then 45 minutes of trying to tame the jungle of foxtails that is my backyard, my arms are DEAD. What a shadow of their former competitive swimming selves...

Tomorrow I'm off to explore TWO new parks I've never been to-- Henry Coe and Pinnacles-- yay for new adventures! (Just as long as I don't have to use my arms too much.)

No comments: