Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Apricots!

This post has nothing to do with running. Nothing at all. It has to do with APRICOTS. Apricots from MY tree that are starting to get ripe!

I think someone forgot to tell the apricots they're not supposed to get ripe until July, but the tree seems unconcerned with others' opinions, and I can say with surety (after eating two), that they are becoming ready to eat.

Now, if you have only eaten apricots from the grocery store, I might understand it if you read this post with less than rampant enthusiasm. I grew up with apricots off my parents' tree, and I can assure you that well-ripened apricots are a major cause for celebration. 

Yum. Very much yum.

4 comments:

Anne Carlson said...

OK--I'm salivating. Looks a lot better than my warmed over chicken. I'm just telling myself--protein, protein, protein. The apricot looks way better.
xxooxx

209Mike said...

Mmmm...Apricots

Jo Lynn said...

I stumbled across your blog through a friend of a friend's blog. You are so lucky to run on many different trails. I seem to stick to the same three parks in the east bay. I need someone like you to show me around!
My apricot tree is just sprouting some little green guys. It will be a while until I get to enjoy the scrumptious home grown apricots. I can hardly wait!

Victoria said...

Jo Lynn-- There are so many cool places to run in the Bay Area-- every time I go out for a run I'm astonished at the variety of options we have to choose from.

Mike, Auntie Anne? Um yeah-- apricots= THE BEST!!