Saturday, June 21, 2008

While Doctorating in Davis...

UC Davis Arboretum Path
(3.5 miles from downtown Davis)

I would suggest you guess where this picture is taken, except that I already wrote Davis all over the title. I think this picture looks like it could have been taken in the Sierras, but it's actually part of the UC Davis Arboretum. This has become one of my favorite things about my school weekends. It's a very short running path, (and it's paved) but like I said before, it has beautiful plants arranged by California climate zones, all planted along a small water way--home to many mallards.

One of my best discoveries today was the "California Lawn" placard. Apparently my current lawn is really a very ecological "choice" on my part. Ha. What they don't tell you in the placard is that the foxtails can get in your dog's eyes... or throat... or ears. But at least I'm being ecologically sound.

Either way, I'm impressed with Davis' work on this path. It didn't even feel so hot this morning...

4 comments:

Kevin said...

nice view. great scenery. i am always envios of your pics.

Derek said...

I love the pics as well, there isn't much of a view here in Texas!!

209Mike said...

Anything on fire over there in Davis? I can't breathe right now in Stockton.

Sky said...

Nice photos - That arboretum was always a welcome relief whenever I was doing the Pole Line, Mace or Goat Barn loops. Too bad it lasts only a few minutes!

I think it's all over 209mike - we're having major issues in Santa Rosa, too.